Emotional intelligence is required for success in project management in these critical areas: ensuring good communications, building strong working relationships, managing difficulties effectively, making better decisions, and fostering a healthy culture. It's not enough that as a project leader you maintain great working relationships with everyone around you. You also need to be able to make sure there's ongoing, proactive communication internally, among the team members and with upper management, and externally with vendors, suppliers, and customers. You have to be able to ensure that all of these parties maintain good relationships and helpful communication with each other. You can build these critical project leadership capabilities by developing your emotional intelligence using the strategies in this course.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply techniques to increase your self-awareness and your understanding of how your emotions affect yourself and others
- Examine how emotions affect communication, decision-making, and ultimately team performance
- Identify the importance of choosing which emotions to display
- Examine how attribution theory affects people's views on success and failure
- Explore the dangers of labeling and the power of reclassification
This programme comprises three discussions and a project. The following topics will be covered:
- Identify emotions affecting project leadership
- Analyze emotions
- Choose emotions to yield better results
This programme will be conducted in a highly interactive and engaging online learning platform. Participants will be engaged in online collaborations with peers & facilitator throughout the module.
Team leaders, managers, and individual contributors responsible for the success of projects of initiatives of any size that involve teams of people.